Sunday, December 06, 2009

Day 6 - Dream in Color

Day 6 and Dreaming of many things. Big dreams. Dreams beyond what I feel capable of at the moment.

An endless hope filled magical colorful dream. One that begins with a step and ends with a life well lived.

And speaking of colorful ~


♫♪ on the 6th day of Christmas Maija gave to me ♪ ♫

This adorable doll ornament just spilling over with her colorful ribbon tassel skirt! This is another one of those pictures that I feel just does not do this piece justice. It is so much prettier then I can get through on camera. The ribbon tassel at the bottom is full and soft and the colors remind me of a gypsies skirt. Her paper hat is adorned with a silvery trim, she is wearing a ruffle around her neck of soft maroon velour and she sports a red flower in the center of her body. Detail after detail of these jewel toned colors and sweet touches make this another favorite this year! I think I may be hanging her in the studio after Christmas too. As a matter of fact, I'm starting to think of ways to display all my ornaments from this swap and the previous ones. They are just too precious to be hiding away most of the year!
Be sure to head over to Maija's blog to spend some time reading. She is one lucky girl when it comes to art adventuring and she is generous in her sharing with photos and stories to wet your appetite!

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful gifts you are receiving..Have a wonderful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Maija's ornie. It is so festive and fun.

    The color and texture of your piece is so captivating. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete