Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Day 2 of 12 Days of Christmas - 31 Days of Art!

Day 2 of my 12 (er now 13) Days of Christmas Swap and 31 Days of Art brings another untitled piece of art that I have decided for now is simply "Day Two". Yesterday's "Day One" has now been listed at OPF Studio on Etsy at 50% off normal pricing for my "Black Friday/Cyber Monday" Christmas Sale. All art in the studio and most of the objects in the store are listed at 50% off through December 5th.

"Day Two" is an encaustic wax collage created from canvas & paper salvaged from antique books, sheet music covers and wood veneers on gesso board. It is mounted on a standard 11" x 14" mat and is ready to frame.

Each of these works were an exploration of my desiring to make changes in my daily routine as I begin to think about my goals for 2010.

The life of a work-at-home artist can be driven by moods, interuptions, other "important" obligations, and just plain disorganization (yes I made that confession yesterday). If, as they say, "It takes 21 days to form a habit" then after creating, posting, and listing regularly for 31 days I should have accomplished some of the changes that I am needing to make in order to prepare for the goals I've set for 2010.


♫ ♪ and on the 2nd Day of Christmas Pilar gave to me...♫ ♪


A beautifully wrapped present to put under my tree. And today was the day I got to open the gift that Pilar so lovingly handcrafted for me to hang on my tree!

I wish I could show you each tiny detail of this simply beautiful ornament Pilar created. But even more beautiful to me is the meaning that Pilar put into her work. To have such significance portrayed in a work of art moves me, but to have the meaning be about a prayer moves me so deeply that I feel myself brimming with tears when I look at it. I will cherish this "Cloot" or Scottish Prayer Cloth always. Be sure to stop by Pilars blog to read more about it and the prayer that she has posted for all.

Until tomorrow . . .

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun to open a package each day..I have missed you , I have not been doing my blogging as I should..Your last few posts are so touching. I love your prayers to God and questions.
    It is so true.
    Katelen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you like the cloot, Crystal and thank you so much for the kind words about my work. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete