Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Crystal Neubauer launches on RocketHub: A Journey to the ACC and Beyond!

"Come What May" 10" x 10" collage by Crystal Neubauer

If you didn't get a chance to read my post about the art opening above, I'll recap for you that I flew out to Seattle with some pretty big questions on my mind about the next thing on my calendar - the American Craft Council show in St. Paul, and specifically whether I was going to be able to manage it, especially after receiving a text from my husband that our car had broke down on his way home from work that day. 

The ACC show is one of my dream list shows - and I really am hopeful there will be more of this caliber in my future, but this artist life can be a tough one - often the behind the scenes stuff is not what I share with you. I report on the highs and let the rest go, and with good reason, dwelling on what I can't do or didn't achieve or have to overcome is not how I'm wired. 

This journey has been one of taking each step as it comes, but taking off on this flight found me asking some hard questions. And I did get the answers I was looking for; being in Seattle, standing in front of my work and having the opportunity again to see and hear how others respond to it was a good reminder. I wasn't meant to do this thing alone. Life is about community - and relationships- and my work as an artist has everything to do with those relationships and this community.

I've worked long hard hours to get to this place and now it's time to share it with you. I just launched a campaign at RocketHub and I'd love for you to check it out. I have some incredible goods listed in exchange for backing, making it possible to own a one of a kind work of art for far less than normal. I am also offering tickets to the ACC show, a mentoring package that allows you to start your own journey armed with advice gleaned from my experience, signed copies of my book, and even a private workshop for you and your guests- get your friends together and go for it! 


In addition to this campaign, I am committed to a new series on my blog each Sunday which will give you a behind the scenes look at the artistic life, the highs and the lows, the nuts and bolts and how to's and what-for's and why's of it all. I'm looking forward to this next step of building an even stronger community, because I mean it when I say, it isn't just about me, I know you are here because you are on a journey too!

So what do you say? Lets do this artful thing together!

2 comments:

  1. "Come What May" a perfect title. Love this piece Crystal. Also enjoyed your posts with Seth and Michel. Look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today Darlene! I really appreciate that you spent some time here and left such kind words!

      Delete