Thursday, April 10, 2014

RocketHub Ends with nearly 50% funding!

"Fallen" 10" x 10" collage by Crystal Neubauer
I'm so happy to share with you that my Rockethub campaign ended at nearly 50% funded! While that still leaves me short of my original goal, I don't see it as a failed campaign, I see it as a tremendous boost toward achieving my dreams! 

You may have seen my post on Facebook last week about the passing of my grandmother, but if not I just wanted to share this news with you briefly. At 93 Gramma was still a fighter. She taught me much about the importance of family relationships. I was fortunate enough to have been able to see her before she passed and then to be able to spend time catching up with family members who have not gathered together for quite a few years.

I am, and will always be grateful for these connections in my life and for the very sweet time I was able to spend "back home". What that meant for me on a career level was making the choice to pull out of the American Craft Council show in St. Paul this weekend. It was an easy decision to make, to place my priorities squarely on my family without distraction, but today I can't help feel a tiny bit disappointed at not being there as the show opens. As I said, the richness of what I received instead is priceless, there will be other shows. 

American Craft Expo in Evanston, IL
And speaking of other shows! If you did not catch my announcement before, I am so excited to share with you that I was accepted into the American Craft Exposition Show and Sale in Evanston, IL. This show is held annually in August and is among the top art/craft shows in the nation. If you are in the Chicagoland area or will be visiting in August, I do hope you will plan to come visit the show and see me!

RocketHub and Beyond
The backing funds so generously provided will now be used for the ACE show in August in the same way I planned to use it for the ACC show. I will be following through with the purchase of my booth panel system and will also be able to pay the fee for the show without straining my family budget. I will also be making an investment in framing material and art supplies. 

The funds I was able to raise were just shy of half of what I needed, so I have decided to schedule a couple of special series to continue my efforts. I will be creating a series of 6" x 6" works and offering them 10 at a time for $50 each. This is a savings of over $150! This is a great opportunity to add to your growing collection of original artwork or start one. In addition to the offer of original work at such a substantial savings, each person who purchases will be entered into a drawing for some exciting prizes. Stay tuned for the announcement of my first "10 for 50" campaign on the blog!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Crystal:
    You are an inspiration…and you are so very right, reaching 50% of your fundraising goal is NOT a failure at all, it is a HUGE accomplishment and an inspiration to me, and I am sure to many.
    Thank you for your foresight and vision to do what you love and keep moving forward.
    I am sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother…it is so wonderful that you have so many fond memories of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your condolences and your encouraging words Supria. I so appreciate the time you took to stop by today!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your funding, Crystal! 50% is a great start! Also, please accept my condolances on the death of your grandmother. Mine passed away only a couple of weeks ago, and I'm sure you cherish the memories of your grandmother as I do of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Sharmon. I'm very sorry to hear of your recent loss as well. I do indeed have many memories and will cherish them always.

      Delete
  3. Yea on reachIng 50% of your goal, & your ideas on both the use and future projects! Sounds like a good way to move forward!
    BLéSSïNgS on the loss of your DéâR Grandmama! How sweet that you have such good memories.

    ReplyDelete