Monday, April 07, 2014

Redemption Stories Series with Guest Artist Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch

Redemption Stories Monday: For the next ten Monday's join me in welcoming 10 guest artists as they share a story of redemption from their own life or work. These stories may be a broad overview or observation, or they may be very specific, deep and personal. The post may be very short or very lengthy. I have left the specifics up to each of the ten. View images of their work as you read their words, and bios. Be sure to check out the links each one will provide to learn even more about them. 

There is so much I could say by way of introducing Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch (or Trish as she is known to go by). I owned her book on encaustics and admired her work and her words from afar by way of reading her blog and keeping up with her on Facebook. Eventually our paths crossed, one thing led to another and there she was, sitting in my workshop in Portland, Oregon learning about Wax & Wire as if she were just another student, as if she hadn't written a book on encaustics herself. I now have the privilege of being an instructor at EncaustiCamp, the brainchild born of Trish's journey of "getting to" and "what's the next?", but even more than that, I have the honor of calling her my friend. And I could go on and on about that honor, but right now I'd like nothing more than to share her story and work with you. Enjoy!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All I Was Doing Was Breathing" by Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch
I am still working on it, this series I’ve extracted from my heart and put out for all to see. It may never be complete; and it may not ever become
more than this.
Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch Gallery View

The show went up 7 February, 38+ pieces of all shapes and sizes adorning walls and plinths.
Wax and Words.
The intersection of passions.
The intersection of passion and Passion.

Crystal asked for redemption stories in this blog share.
I can’t seem to compose ‘my’ redemption story.
The difficulty is up there with trying to explain what I am doing in this life.
"The Mysteries We Ache After" by Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch 
It is not difficult because I do not have a redemption story,
or heaven forbid, I feel I’ve not been redeemed,
but rather,
as is the case with this ‘doing’ I am in,
I am in it.
It lives, breathes, grows, changes, takes on new form every year.
Every day.
Every hour.
"Between The Lines" by Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch
How does one tell the story of their
redemption
when the redeeming happens over and over,
continuously in miracles and wonder
each and every day?
There is nothing to tell.
Only life to live.
And let it speak.

"Peel Your Image Off The Mirror" by Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch
Wax and Words
Where passions collide
Solo exhibit
Bundaberg Regional Art Gallery, Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia
"Book Bits" by Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch
Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch is an encaustic artist, author and instructor.

To hear her tell she is the lucky girl who gets to be the one to create and host the fabulous EncaustiCamp each year in Seattle, Washington.
To hear her tell she is the lucky girl who gets to be the one to travel Australia and New Zealand for two years simply on the desire to reach more, teach more and inspire more to encaustic.
To hear her tell she is the lucky girl who gets to follow her passion and see it live.

I say not luck; you earned it girl; through bold trust, simple faith and crazy risk-born of pure hope.

"set yourself on fire with passion, the whole world will come watch you burn." ~Wesley
BE.convicted. 
www.pbsartist.com
encaustic retreats worldwide~


7 comments:

  1. So Trish has daily redemptions born if her passion and belief in what shes doing. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "How does one tell the story of their
    redemption
    when the redeeming happens over and over"
    I love this. ~amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. "How does one tell the story of their
    redemption
    when the redeeming happens over and over"
    I love this. ~amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Constant creation. Beautiful - thank you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cool! Pure love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Powerful message and incredible work. Love all the images shown here. Those Book Bits are inspired!

    ReplyDelete