Monday, October 09, 2006

Wearable Art Week



I got inspired to create a few wearable pieces this week. This first piece is created from a 100+ year old leather disk salvaged from an old textile spindle and married to a brass tag with an antique etching and this unique brass and wood button.

I love the organic, earthy feel to the piece. It hints at a bit of your inner hippy but remains sophisticated enough to wear to the office or out on the town.

Just listed in my Etsy shop!



Next is this fun little assemblage necklace made from half an antique brass latch, an antique tintype photo, antique text, and little brass wings. The piece is titled "Free" and is a message of hope based on the scripture from Galatians 5:1 "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery".

For the gambler, check it out on Ebay today!



And finally, a little necklace pendant created from an original antique brass laundry tag, a brass tube bead in the bali style, and a fire polished crystal. The beads swing freely and create a modern serenity to an ordinary "found" object.

Visit my Etsy shop, where you can purchase the necklace already complete for you, or buy a brass laundry tag from my supplies and create your own wearable art number!

7 comments:

  1. Crystal, once again your work leaves me in awe! I admire how you put things together. Thank you for everything so far!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!...wonderful eye candy!...I so wish we lived closer so I could go antique hunting with you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal, These have to be the best I have seen in a long time. Each one is gorgeous. Debbie O

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys sure know how to make a girl feel good! Thanks!
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal your "FREE" pendant is really wonderful...I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOHHHH- first time here and it is WONDERFUL!! Thanks for your comment- us soup eaters and cat lovers gotta stick together. When I find a new artist that I like I always ck. and see where they are from, dang it girl- Illinois?!? Now how am I going to see your stuff in person? eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Crystal...I LOVE these jewelry pieces!! You have a wonderful knack for putting found objects together and creating fantastic works of art! These are exceptional!!

    ReplyDelete