Thursday, October 19, 2006

Another Wearable Week



The days have slipped by and I didn't get my new items posted on Sunday as planned. This week I'm listing it all on Ebay, but don't forget to check out my Etsy shop for more art and plenty of supplies for your own masterpiece!

Each of these art assemblages are created in miniature from antique elements.

The foundation for the first one "Art Cubed" is an antique printers block. The block is cube shaped and allows 3 sides to be visible when worn and can be worn from either front or back side.



I really love the tiny assemblage look of this piece. It looks like it should be hung for gallery display but it is less then a 1" cube!



I've used half of the back of an antique printers block for "Beloved". I sawed the block in half and used the front in a larger assemblage I currently have on my work table.

Another antique tintype portrait, and I stole, er, salvaged the toggle end off a vintage watch fob and wired it on with rusty antique wire. A dangle from an antique rosary completes the piece.

I can't help thinking of the scripture "I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine" from Song of Solomon when I look at it.



This one, titled "Royal" was created from an antique key hole that I got in a private swap with the talented Cara of Joyful House Farms. She makes the best soaps and lotions!

Yet another antique tintype mini, and the piece is finished with a crown and a hand charm that my good friend Becky, of Bees In My Bonnet gave me. She sells these little goodies, along with her whimsical art, on both ebay and etsy. Be sure to check her out!

I designed this piece to remind the wearer of who they are:

"But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;" 1 Peter 2:9



And finally "My Heart Lead To You", a little wooden pencil lead case turned wearable art. It makes me think of school. Wouldn't it be a cute little teacher's gift?



Slide the cap up and tuck a note inside. I just love this, I wore it all day. The little wooden button is perfect as the clasp. Not too chunky on my neck at all.



Well I am leaving with my dear hubby for the weekend. My annual birthday trip to the Parke County Covered Bridge festival with my mom and step-dad.

Yup, Tuesday was my 41st birthday. The good news, every one of the kids thought I was only turning 40 this year. The bad news, nobody in my family seems to know how old I am! (or is that the good news??)

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Crystal! Love your new pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! As a buyer of yours, I am so happy you have started a blog. I have one too - pls come visit if you have time: http://www.mymarrakesh.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you Kim and Maryam!

    Maryam I have just visited your blog and am so in awe!

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete