Wednesday, October 04, 2006

And The Winner Is....



Wow! Can you believe it's October already? I know it sounds like a cliche, but really, where does the time go?

First things first, Congratulations to Patti V Crump, the winner of my charm swap drawing. Patti is a talented artist and a genuinely warm & caring person. I am so thrilled that she won!

Here is a sample of Pattis gorgeous art:



I absolutely love the colors she has used for this spread! Be sure to check it out on Patti's Blog and then have a look at her auctions on ebay. Congratulations again Patti! (And a special thanks to my wonderful hubby, who drew the name out of the hat for me!)

I have been having a blast with transitioning my store from ebay to Etsy. I have met some wildly talented artists and made new friends in the short time I've been there.

I am always tickled to death to hear about what other artists make from the items they pick up in my store. Even more tickled to SEE PICTURES of these items. Its a full circle experience. They tell me they get inspired by the unique and unusual finds in my store and then I in turn get fired up and inspired by seeing what they make.

Here is a great example. This is a beautiful piece of wearable art by Carrie made from one of the antique lenses she bought from my shop:




This is a bracelet whose band is as gorgeous as the focal point. You can check it out on Carrie's Blog, Jonesbaby. Be sure to stop in to her Etsy store, JustJonesinJewelry, while you're at it!

That's all for now, but stay tuned, I'll be announcing another drawing very soon!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Patti! Woohoo!
    Crystal is absolutely right...you are all of that and more!

    I didn't know you had a blog - thanks for the links Crystal!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete