Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Even the Sparrow Knows



"Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young— a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God." Psalm 84:3

A fourth installation in my "Tree of Life" series, but the first one that I did not create the tree from rebar wire. To me, the tree of life is the cross, through the sacrifice Jesus made we can all have eternal life.

Just listed on Ebay, this assemblage is designed to be a blessing to your home, as it reminds you of the safety and peace to be had in living near to God.



I love the effect the image has on the wood. This block is an antique wood bearing I purchased on my weekend trip to the Covered Bridge Festival in Parke County, Indiana. I wish I would have thought to ask the vendor what type of machine it came from.



I've collaged antique text and an image of the sparrow making his nest on a door step inside this old watch crystal. The picture brings to mind the sparrow making his home near God's alter.



A vintage key hole surrounded by antique rusty wire to symbolize the nest, or the home.



A tiny little wheel, measuring a mere 3/4s of an inch in diameter symbolizes Gods presence everywhere, a nod towards the visions of the prophet Ezikiel.



This assemblage has been designed to be a symbol of peace in your home and has also just been listed on Ebay.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27



The wood bird was salvaged from an antique wood cuckoo clock and has been collaged with text from an antique German Bible. The stand has been assembled from an antique spindle salvaged from an old spinning wheel and the base from an antique receipt holder.

6 comments:

  1. These are fantastic pieces, Crystal, I love your work. ;o) Your pieces are spiritual AND spirited. I love coming to your blog and finding new things to look at. :o)

    Maz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Crystal..these pieces are truly amazing! I love what you have done with the bird one..especially the thought that you have put into symbolizing each of the items used. I hope that you enclose that writeup with the sale of the piece. I think it definitely adds more value to its construction.

    Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margarita7:36 AM

    I love this piece, I am one of the very lucky person that have one of your pieces and I love it.

    Wich me look.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you so much Maz. I really love that you love stopping by here!

    Kathy that means so much to me, thank-you! When a piece comes together with that much meaning in it, it really is hard to list. I'm still thinking about taking this one down and hanging on to it for a while.

    Margarita I'm the lucky one to have you stop by and to bid on another of my pieces! Thank-you!
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh Crystal...so kool!! so amazing!! xo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your art is amazing, I love both pieces!

    ReplyDelete