Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Just Simply Charming? No, Just Simply Amazing!!



I recently had the good fortune of participating in a charm swap with 24 other artists. We each made 25 charms and sent them to the charm hostess, Ruth Rae , who then redistributed them to each participant. We could choose to have them assembled on a bracelet that Ruth hand made, or sent loose to be assembled however we wished.

Ruth was an amazing swap hostess and went over and beyond the call of duty. Not only did she do an outstanding job organizing the swap, but she created a blog just for the swap called "Just Simply Charming". The blog has instructions from each of the 25 artists with links to each of their web pages and blogs.

Even though I had seen pictures of most of the charms before I received my package in the mail, I wasn't prepared for just how amazing each tiny work of art was. Opening the exquisitly wrapped package from Ruth was like opening a long anticipated birthday present. Pulling each charm out one by one brought oohs and aahs aplenty!

Hands down this was the best swap I've ever participated in. Here is the final creation (Photos from the Simply Charming blog).

I'll say it again, Amazing!

2 comments:

  1. How fun [and yes, amazing!]. Truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, it is a fun bracelet. Thanks Karina!
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete