Sunday, October 08, 2006

As the year winds down


The last 3 months of the year are upon us, I should say the year is about to wind up, not wind down. October always seems to bring a flurry of activity as we prepare the house for winter and look forward to the holidays.

Included among that end of the year flurry of activities is the Ebay's artist choice awards. I was very blessed in 2005 to be nominated and win 3rd place in a couple of different categories. The honor is even more meaningful in that it is ebay artists choosing & honoring other artists.

The ACA committee began working behind the scenes in June to organize the event and brainstorm ways to bring even more attention to these awards and to the many highly talented ebay artists in general. I was honored to be asked to join that committee back in June and very enthusiastically dived in, but as my personal life began to be disrupted in July I found myself pulled away more and more and eventually decided it was best to let this responsibility go to someone better equipped to participate fully.

One of the tools being utilized this year to raise awareness about the event is the Artists Choice Awards blog. A series of interviews with 2005 winning artists will be posted along with news and information about the 2006 awards. In spite of my leaving the committee, I was surprised a few weeks back to be asked for an interview. I am posting a copy of it here but would strongly encourage you to visit the ACA blog frequently to read the interviews of other ebay artists and keep up to date on the events of this year's awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment