Thursday, June 11, 2009

Feels Like I'm Living

I went to bed last night with this design in my head, my fingers literally tracing it in the air as I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up with it still in my head.

I mean I woke up at 5am with it still in my head. 5:00 am and this thing was burning itself in my brain, the way the wire would bend - all one piece, the way the negative spaces would be filled with antique papers, the exact dimensions, everything. It would not go away.

And along with the design, this song by Third Day was stuck in my head. Playing again and again:

I was lost when you found me here
And I was broken beyond repair

Then you came along and you sang your song over me



It feels like I'm born again
It feels like I'm living
For the very first time

I've a feeling in my soul
And I pray that I'm not wrong
That the life I have now, it is only the beginning

It feels like I'm born again
It feels like I'm living
For the very first time
I'm living for the first time
It feels like I'm breathing
It feels like I'm moving
For the very first time
I'm living for the first time
In my life

Sometimes you just have no choice. I had other pieces waiting to be finished but "Feels Like I'm Living" needed to be made. Feels good.

If you're interested in purchasing check it out at OPF Studio - along with the following two pieces just finished up from the Marvelous Light series.




3 comments:

  1. I love both of these pieces, and what they represent. Thank you for being so open about your creative processes it is blessing someone
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both. You are been blessed and God is giving you your inspiration. Rejoice.
    Katelen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that happen all the time. Go to sleep with an image in my head and so wish my brain had a "print" button!

    ReplyDelete