Sunday, April 29, 2007

Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?.....

To Get To the Rusty Found Object On the Other Side!



This little chicken just had to come home with me from the flea market.



He sat silently waiting by my computer for a few months, but I knew what he wanted.....



He had a fondness for shiny things, but not too shiny...



Tin cookie cutter, backed by etched brass and hand riveted, cuckoo clock chain, rusty ball chain, vintage cloth tape measure, antique adding machine springs, vintage glass tube beads, vintage glass tag, vintage bus token, vintage key, ribbon.

This little chicky was just for fun, but a verse keeps going through my mind.

"Oh Jerusalem, Jerusalem, how I have longed to gather you as a hen gathers her chicks, but you were not willing."

This isn't the entire verse, but the jist of it. The Savior is speaking of the jewish nation, but tells me that I am adopted into his family as I have put my faith in Him. My breath catches in my throat at the thought that the Lord of Lords, King of Kings, longed for me even before I put my trust in Him!

And He longs for you as well!

8 comments:

  1. I love this piece! Wonderful! The verse you quote also touches a place within me. I recently heard a message by Rev Sarah Buteux on this passage, and especially was moved by what she had to say regarding Jesus depicting himself as a mother hen. Thot you might like to read it:
    http://firstchurchhadley.org/SarahSermons/LivingBetweentheTime.htm

    Carol, in Mass.
    http://terranovadesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. natalie10:48 AM

    That is so fun!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your work! I linked to you from Jo Anna's site and I love the biblical theme and imagery of your pieces.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, isn't this just the cutest chicky?! Crystal, I swear, you can make something beautiful out of anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is wonderful and the verse is too.

    Hugs,
    Kari x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Crystal!!
    I've come by to TAG you!! Come by my blog to see what that means and what you do about it!!

    http://kristinschadwickcreations.blog.com

    Love ya!!
    ♥Krissy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Astrid at ZNE tagged me -- and I had tagged you yesterday, but I couldn't get the links to work. I see you have already been tagged now by Krissy. I guess we will all just take tours of one another's blogs! Fun! -- Judi (I'm new to ZNE) and my blog is: http://vintagelegacystudio.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! This is my 3rd tag this week. Guess I better get in gear and think of something to post! lol! Thanks for thinking of me!

    Thanks to all of the wonderful and warm comments on my chicken necklace too!
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete