Thursday, May 10, 2007

It's All About Me!!

Not all about me, its actually all about you when you order a custom brass stencil necklace from my Etsy shop!

I've had a lot of fun with these lately:



This one reminds me of the verse "He has taken me to the banquet hall and his banner over me is love." song of solomon 2:4




Each one has a little collage on the back, just for the wearer to enjoy!



Several customers have custom ordered a special phrase or saying to give to or wear in honor of one of their children.



I've even used the customers own baby photo and name to create a sentimental piece. I try to choose items to dangle that will coorelate with the phrase or have a special meaning to the wearer.



The back of the scrabble tile is a photo charm:

I've got several necklaces started, just waiting for your suggestions on how to finish them, so be sure to check out the listing on Etsy. If you don't see the letter you want in the photo, just e-mail me. I just might have one hiding in my collection for you!
Well the post is titled "Its All About Me!" for another reason. This week I have been "tagged" by 3 fellow bloggers! The assignment is to tell 7 random things about myself. So here goes:
1. I am a hopeless magazine-aholic. Almost weekly I make a trip to the bookstore to peruse the latest editions.
2. Call me crazy but, I prefer vanilla to chocolate and starbursts over candy bars.
3. My favorite color is red, but I can't eat the red starbursts!
4. With the exception of 1 quick overnight trip to the Canadian side of Niagra Falls, I've never been out of the country (Unless you count Milwaukee).
5. On Saturday I plan on joining Curves and hope to start working out at least 2 or 3 times a week. (stay tuned for future whining about that!)
6. I once saw a large LARGE cigar shaped glowing object in the sky. The weather man said it was a Rusian satelite burning up on re-entry into the atmosphere. Or was it?
7. I've got 3 adorable babies. They are 25, 21, and almost 18 years old. I've also got 4 equally adorable step-babies. They are 21, 19, 15, and 13.
Don't forget your Mother on Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. I love that "it's all about me" one! LOL...too cute Crystal!

    And thanks for sharin on the 7 things about you! It's great getting to know everyone!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine9:03 PM

    Wow, so many kids in the family.

    I also love your brass necklaces, so personal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK...those are absolutely FABULOUS Crystal. *sigh*...you've got such talent!

    HEY YOU...Happy Mother's Day!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal, I don't always get a chance to post a comment, but I look forward to each visit to you blog to see what wonderful creations you have made. You constantly amaze me with your ability to create such innovative pieces. They are truely unique and very special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal...I absolutely love these!! I am a very proud owner of one and I'm thinking one just isn't enough. I pray you are doing well.

    Think about you often,
    sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the stencils!!! you are so clever!!!
    hugs..sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m blog-tagging you. I hope you don’t mind, but I picked my favorite blogs… so that’s you! For more info on what this means, and to play along visit my blog and read the most recent post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. good luck at curves! i've been going for 14 mo now and love it!

    ReplyDelete