Sunday, July 23, 2006

Shadow Box Assemblages





I dug out a couple of shadow boxes from my trunk of picture frames this week and made these two collage assemblages. Each one is under glass, although I have removed it for taking photos. The first one is titled "There your heart will be" based on Matthew 6:21 "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." and the second one is titled "Sublime".
I had a lot of fun with these, I dug out my box of collage ephemera and created collaged backgrounds first. I have been working on assemblages and wearable art for so long I wasn't sure if I remembered how to do a collage, but I loved the results and am eager to do some more!
These little shadow boxes started out as cheap blue shadow boxes from Ikea. Its been over 2 years since I've been to Ikea. Now I have an excuse to go back!
The few weeks before back to school are notorious for being sloooooow on ebay. I'm not sure if I'm going to list these tonight or not. Be sure to keep checking.

No comments:

Post a Comment