Sunday, July 23, 2006

"Remembrances" Wearable Art



I've just finished this Keith Lo Bue inspired piece titled "Remembrances", my first attempt at drilling glass! It's hard to tell from these pictures but the antique text has been hand rubbed to near tissue paper thin and applied to the antique optical lense glass with a fine satin varnish. The finished effect is a dreamy translucent quality behind the tiny camera lense which contains an antique tintype photo. I should be listing this one on ebay tonight so be sure to check my auctions!

3 comments:

  1. Crystal, I love this! What are it's dimensions?
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cara! Its a nice size for a necklace, as a matter of fact I wore it all day yesterday. It will be another piece that is very hard to part with! The size of the optical lense is about 1 1/2" in diameter. Thanks!!
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal..you are brilliant!!! Wow...love this.

    ReplyDelete