Monday, May 22, 2006

Waiting on the Lord and my batteries to charge...

Recently my husband and I have been going through a cycle of trials, big and small, that we have come to realize God is using to shake us out of our comfort zone, grow us up in our faith, and bring about potentially exciting life changes. As we have experienced one trial after another we have looked to the Lord to see what it is He is wanting to teach us. Today the message seems to be loud and clear, "Perseverance", otherwise known as patience or steadfastness.

James 1:2-4 says "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete , not lacking anything."

I've spent the day putting the finishing touches on a couple of altered art dolls that I am very excited about listing in my Ebay auctions. Its a race against the clock to get them done before the sun goes down. Natural light gives me the best results when I take pictures of my art and the sun is finally shining after weeks of rain, but after only a few pictures of the first doll my camera beeps that fatal "low battery" beep and shuts itself down! Ugh! So here I sit, patiently waiting for my batteries to charge.

Meanwhile I thought I'd share these pictures of my most recent piece sold on ebay. It started with an antique camera lense that I cut from the face of an old camera with my trusty new jewelers saw. I knew it was destined for a necklace, but little did I know that it would take me over 3 months to find just the right setting for it. As I ventured through the remains of an antique store going out of business one day, I ran across a pair of old Pince Nez antique folding glasses and Liberty was born.

This one was a hard one to list. I wore it several times and became very attached to it, but I can't put groceries on the table if I don't sell my work. I listed it with a reserve and in a flurry of last minute bidding it was sold. I couldn't bear to stick it in a card board box to send it away, so I've hung on to it a few extra days while creating a special little collaged box of its own. I hope the buyer likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment