Monday, October 26, 2015

Take Heart


On my way out of my brother's house this morning dreading the day of packing and getting sick from the mold air in my house, I find a pot of coffee and a note that the sugar is organic. 

The early morning quiet and empty house are too enticing to resist, I have not slept in my own home or my own bed for nearly a month and I am exhausted, so I reach in the cabinet and pull out the first mug. 

This. Message. Waiting. For. Me.

"Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."

The mug says the author is unknown, but I'm pretty sure it's Jesus. 

Yeah it was Jesus:

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

He comes in many forms and many ways to remind me. From a pot of coffee and a note about sugar, to the offers to help pack, and the many many email messages from friends and strangers.


Take heart. I am with you today.

1 comment:

  1. Yep...I agree...though most likely people looking for an exact quote will find something like. "Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you -- not as the world gives..." or the prayer, "May the peace of God, which passes all understanding, keep your hearts and minds in the knowledge and love of God and of His Son..." (Paul, I think)... Hugs to you -- and peace. And another quote: "The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace." (Numbers 6:24-26 NKJV)... Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete