Saturday, September 26, 2009

Preview Vendor Night - Art & Soul (and read for a special announcement!)



I've been busy in the studio preparing to head out to Art & Soul in Portland just 1 short week from today. There are so many things I've wanted to write about. So many things that God has been doing in my life, but time is flying by and my to do list seems to be growing the closer the event gets. I promise to slow down when I return and write in more detail about some of these things.

If you plan to be at Art & Soul drop me a note here to let me know and then be sure to stop by my table and see me at Vendor Night ~ I will be selling many of my Objects from Other Peoples Flowers and have prepared a lot of new art (which you can preview in the slide show above and still find a few pieces at OPF Studio on Etsy) ~ I would love to meet you face to face!

There are still several spots available in my class, Front & Center 3D Collage w/Story, if you are free on Sunday I would love to have you join us. We will be learning collage techniques, using our jewelers saws to cut acrylic, making tube rivets, and discussing ways that these techniques can be used in other applications. But the class isn't just about the technique, it's about you. The artist. The artist you were meant to be. You will learn how to observe, listen, and trust the artist within you and begin to create art that speaks about the stories you carry within your heart. I hope you can join us!

And if you can't make it to Portland then I am pleased to announce that Art & Soul has added a new venue in the Midwest, Madison Wisconsin, just a few short hours from home for me! Start watching for announcements for registration. The event will be held in July 2010 and I will be teaching my wax and wire techniques!


And if you are unable to make it you can always

3 comments:

  1. It was so nice to meet you at A&S in Portland and see your work first hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you with great glee on Vendor's Night (I gave you one of my trade bags full of odds and ends...some sea glass from my town of Port Townsend, WA, a bit of mill end from Pendleton Wool, etc.), and have only now followed the url on your label to find this blog. It was great meeting you in person..hope we hook up again someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne6:25 PM

    Crystal, I too met you at vendor night. In fact, I was wandering around the vendor floor earlier in the afternoon before you were officially open! I love your collage -- all the rich layers. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete