Sunday, June 01, 2008

Introducing OPF Studio! A Grand Opening Celebration!

After nearly two years of fun selling my art & curious found objects and vintage items together at my Etsy shop,Other Peoples Flowers, I am pleased to announce the Grand Opening of OPF Studio!

As I shift gears from working outside the home back to being full time in the studio, I will be offering more of my own collage, assemblage and jewelry art for sale and OPF Studio will be the place to find them!

But don't despair, you can still find the same great flea market finds and vintage curiousities to use in your own art at Other Peoples Flowers. With new items now being added many times a day, be sure to check in often!

Take a look below at some of what you'll find at OPF Studio today. Before you head over be sure to leave me a comment to let me know you'd like to sign up for my monthly newsletter. I have an awesome Grand Opening offer and a give-away exclusively for everyone on my mailing list!


Twilight


4" x 4" x 1.5" Dimensional collage featuring a wonderful antique crow image salvaged from the cover of a 1890s Children's book. More images and information about this piece are available here at OPF Studio.


Waltz of the Bluebirds

Dimensional collage created on the cover of an antique World Atlas. Bird images are salvaged from the cover of antique sheet music. Check out the listing for Waltz of the Bluebirds for more photos and details here at OPF Studio.


HE STOPPED LOVING ME TODAY


A poignant series of 16 collages inspired by a bundle of 1920s love letters hidden away in an alcove in the walls of mom's childhood home.

The letters chronograph the love story of sweethearts, Mary and Gerarld, as Gerald moves from city to city to find work, leaving Mary pining for him back home.

Each of the dimensional collages is created on a 4" x 4" x 1.5" canvas and is designed to have an impact individually, grouped in any combination of 2 or more canvases, or all together.

The letters vary in tone from upbeat & funny stories Mary tells of her family and friends, to intriguing romantic and sometimes racy and passionate teasing, to despondant longing for "Gerry" to return home or allow Mary to come visit him on the road.


Each collage is finished on the sides and looks equally at home on a shelf or table top as it does hanging on the wall. Each has a small picture "fragment" and is signed and dated on the back.


Photos and found objects add to the mystery and allure of the words and are authentic antiques, mostly from the same era.

Mary and Gerald were never married, but he must have continued to care for her in his heart as he carefully tucked these letters away.

Come on over to the studio here to see more pictures or to purchase any of the 16 collages in this series.

And don't forget to leave me a comment letting me know you'd like to sign up for my monthly newsletter to take advantage of the Grand Opening special good in both OPF Studio and Other Peoples Flowers on Etsy and get your name in the drawing - a $25 value!

7 comments:

  1. YYYAAAAYYYYY, CRYSTAL!! Congratulation! Kudos! WhooooWeeeeee! I'm so happy for you. You slew of art has blown my socks clean off. Fabulous, fabulous! Oh boy I'm happy for you!! Please sign me up for your newsletter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pieces Crystal! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning work, I'm so glad I found you! BTW, I was born in Pana, Illinois. Hope to meet you down the road! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi crystal, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the framing question I had on my blog! I really appreciate it. You definitely have a point in that it may be better to let the buyer frame the work. Glad I came over here...love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurie Meseroll3:47 PM

    Hi Crystal! Good for you--I'm glad you're back in the studio! Your new work is just great--good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margarita6:58 AM

    Hi Crystal:

    I miss you a lot, I am so glad that you are back as a full time artist.

    I Love this sequence is so romantic and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Crystal,

    I love your work and I know your new shop will do fabulous. I also like your display on the wall, awesome.

    xoxoxo - Cindy

    ReplyDelete