Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Faith Walk

"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

As mentioned in my last post - I am moving back into the studio full time after being out in the work force for over a year and a half. What an exciting and scary time this will be for me and for my business, Other Peoples Flowers.

The exciting part should be obvious - being in the studio doing what I love full time! After being away from this for so long I am looking forward to the opportunity with an entirely new appreciation for what a blessing it is.

But the flip side is the fear of the unknown. This move is not just a career change, it is a total walk of faith. I really do feel God leading me, but He is my sole source of security to do this. There is no back-up savings or other source of income to make up for what I will be losing from my full time job. I simply hear Him prompting me to take this step of faith and He will meet me in the process. Maybe this will be it, I will be able to bring in the necessary income through my art business, but maybe it will be another avenue that God has yet to show me. I have an idea of what the process will look like, but God has the big picture. So I have taken step one. I put my notice in and Friday will be my last day on the job. I will do my best to keep my eyes on Him and trust He is preparing the way. Stay tuned....

"Righteousness goes before him and prepares the way for his steps."

1 comment:

  1. Bless you gal~ That is a big step in faith. May you keep hearing His voice and find a beautiful new life awaiting you. Change is scary and invigorating!

    ReplyDelete