Tuesday, December 04, 2007

On the Third Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me....

Deryn Mentock is a truly talented artist. I got goosebumps all over when her package arrived in the mail and getting to open her gift felt much like Christmas morning when I was 5. I jumped out of bed and ran to grab the present from the pile!


The clip on glass bird ornament sits perched upon Deryn's wire nest. I don't even have the words to describe how it made me feel when I first laid eyes on it.

Mutual friend and group member, JoAnnA, wrote about Deryn's ornament "her work always makes me think of God.

And indeed it does.

Deryn has a heart for the Lord that is reflected in her work whether she is making a piece about Him or not. His light just shines through her work no matter what the subject is.


Be sure to visit JoAnnA's blog to read about how much Deryn's ornament moved her.




Deryn has wrapped antique Bible text around the tiny eggs in the nest and has used a resin technique on the antique text leaf.

Thank-you Deryn! This will be cherished forever!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:02 PM

    Thank you for the kind compliments, sweet thing! I love seeing these pictures of your new studio and am SO happy you're blogging again!
    Deryn

    ReplyDelete