Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Some Catching Up To Do: On The Road Again

In an effort to catch my blog up with my life and in anticipation of my commitment to begin life-journal blogging again in the very near future, I'm posting my last few newsletters. Apologies for the repeat to those who subscribe to both lists.

"To Love and Fear" 10" x 10" Collage by Crystal Neubauer

On The Road Again!

I am just back from teaching 3 fabulous workshops at Art Unraveled in Phoenix and am still feeling the glow of all the many things I can count as blessings from the venue and the attendees who participated in my classes there. A big shout out to all of you who signed up for my newsletter and are getting this for the very first time! Thank you for helping to make those classes a success!

I can't even begin to think about writing this weeks news without hearing Willie Nelson bellowing in the background of my mind. It just might be time to turn the TV on for a little distraction!

As you may know, or have deduced from my elusive notes in the past few months, I have been searching for a new home that would allow me to bring my studio and living space back under one roof. The good news is, I have just signed a lease on a house that I feel will suit this need well. The surprising news is, because there are other circumstances involved, I have made the decision to take a bit of a departure from my original plan to find that space here in the city, and will be relocating for a time (1-2 years) to my hometown of Champaign/Urbana.

With the recent release of my book, The Art of Expressive Collage, my desire to write more has been stirred again. I will begin blogging my journey and stories to share with you, the good, the humorous, the frustrating and the victories soon after I get settled in. To say that the way has opened before me once I made this decision would be putting it mildly. What else can I do but share it all with you?

When I opened The Healing House Art Studio, I knew the location was temporary. What I didn't know, was just how much I would fall in love with that little cabin by the lake and the community it sits in. My time there has been profound. I have met many of you as a result and have come to a more solid understanding of who I am and the intent of my life and art.

With this move comes many changes, and I considered, for a time, changing the studio name to reflect that. But this new location feels much like a Healing House also. I will continue to host workshops in the same format, but now I have the ability to offer semi-private, small group intensives with lodging as well. I can't wait to tell you more about it!

The Healing House Art Studio - new location, same spirit. I hope you will consider joining me there!
"Ribbons of Grace Series" 7" x 21" Encaustic Mixed Media Collage by Crystal Neubauer
A Farewell Workshop
I can't leave the original Healing House Art Studio behind without hosting a farewell workshop. Simply titled, "Collage with Encaustic and Paint: A Farewell Workshop", this two day class will feature all the techniques used to create my recent Ribbons of Grace series as shown in the photo above.

Check out the store here for details and registration. I do hope you will join me for this very special workshop- the second to last class, and my personal last time to teach at the original location of The Healing House Art Studio.

3 comments:

  1. All the best to YOU!!!!
    You work is AWESOME!
    When does your book come out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is out! It is available to order online now, and should be on book store shelves very soon. Thanks Sue!!
      http://www.amazon.com/The-Art-Expressive-Collage-Techniques/dp/1440335850

      Delete
    2. Thanks...I will share your book with my collage students!!

      Delete