Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Some Catching Up To Do: Book Release Party Started Without Me

In an effort to catch my blog up with my life and in anticipation of my commitment to begin life-journal blogging again in the very near future, I'm posting my last few newsletters. Apologies for the repeat to those who subscribe to both lists.

"The Art of Expressive Collage: Techniques for Creating With Paper & Glue" by Crystal Neubauer

So The Party Started Without Me!

I've been telling people for months that the book is due out at the end of August, but might actually get released ahead of schedule. Like a month ahead of schedule. 
You know, T H E  E N D  O F  J U L Y.

Yup, I've been saying it for a long time. But apparently not long enough for it to have actually sunk in that the release date was eminent. I woke the day after returning from EncaustiCamp - well technically it was the same day, since mechanical problems caused us to have to unboard the plane and catch another one 4 hours later and I did not get home until 4am, but I digress- I woke to find an excited post on my Facebook wall that my book had landed in somebody's mailbox. And then there was another excited post. And another one! 
And so the party started without me!

But oh what a party it is! To see the photos people are posting and tagging me in, of my book being opened and read with such enthusiasm! To have already received so many emails and messages on my website with literal (albeit written) squeals of delight!

You like it! You really like it! Just writing that made tears spring to my eyes! Seriously, I'm looking for a tissue...

I am running just a bit behind schedule, so my pre-order party pack of goodies is not quite ready to go, but I have not forgotten you! And not having the PDF and bookplate ready does not stop me from proceeding with the main event - a drawing for a piece of art featured in the book. I have all the names of those who wrote to tell me they pre-ordered the book and sent me an image of their receipt when I announced the party way back when, recorded on a spreadsheet. Each name has a corresponding number. Each number was written on a piece of paper, then cut up and put into a bowl. After vigorous stirring, said bowl was placed upon the top of my head, whence I reached in and pulled out number 20.

And so without further ado - JULIA KELLOGG - you are the winner of the piece of an original work of art featured in my book! Hooray Julia! The work will be traveling with me to Art Unraveled this weekend and upon my return, will be mailed to you. Congratulations!

Thank you to every single one of you who signed up for the party! Stay tuned for more details!

2 comments:

  1. I just bought this book and I love it! So much is shared in this book and I can't wait to put your wisdom to paper. I spent the last few hours reading it and growing more and more in love with your art. I am so happy to have found your book and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for such kind words about the book and my art Gigi!

      Delete