Thursday, October 04, 2012

Heading Back to the Classroom

"Selah!": 10" x 10" Collage comes in 20" x 20" shadowbox frame & mat
I am looking out the window of my studio as I type this, the words "Fall is in Bloom" entertaining my thoughts. The truth is that the vibrant colors of the trees and foliage are a result of the end of a life-cycle rather then the start of it, but the rich deep reds, yellows, and oranges dancing in the sun bring to mind an exhilaration to life this morning and what better image to send out with this newsletter today then the one I've titled "Selah!" which can be translated as "Pause and reflect on that". Indeed, the beauty I see outside causes me to pause and reflect even as I begin to look forward.

The past few weeks have found me busily working on samples and completing new work for publication and future workshops. I have recently been invited to return to a national retreat venue of which I am more then excited about, but not free to announce just yet, but I am able to share two dates I've also recently firmed up on the local level:

November 5th (a Monday) will find me in Lake Bluff Illinois speaking on finding purpose & meaning in your art, with hands on participation if time allows, for the "Artists on the Bluff" art league. The meeting is from 7-9pm and is open to the public, so come on out and join the group for a fun night if you are in the area!

January 26th (a Saturday) I will be returning to PerficalSense Studio to teach in my favorite medium - Collage! Combined with Encaustic wax, the possibilities are endless! Please consider joining us there for this one-day workshop if you are near the Evanston area.

My website will be updated shortly with these dates and more - meanwhile email or respond to this newsletter if you have questions.

Tomorrow is the last day to take advantage of my "First Fruits Offering"- pre-sale offering of gratitude and praise. If you haven't had a chance yet, be sure to head over to the website and get in on the deal.

1 comment:

  1. Crystal, "Selah" is a wonderful piece, as is the one I just got in the mail! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete