Thursday, December 16, 2010

Introducing Utterings: A Wordless Prayer

Working in my studio in silence my eyes are hearing from the overflow of my heart. I have no words to express these yearnings and longings.


They are known only to the Spirit. I move these scraps of paper around until there is a silent confirmation. Each one is a prayer. An offering. Perhaps a request or a blessing. a silent plea for mercy. grace. peace.


"So too the [Holy] Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness; for we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it worthily as we ought,


but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads in our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groanings too deep for utterance." ~Romans 8:26


* While I may feel an impression or sense what a particular Uttering is about, I have chosen to leave the individual collage's in this series untitled so that the recipient is free from the influence of my words and able to find meaning that is personal to them.

Visit OPF Studio at Etsy to find available Utterings.

10 comments:

  1. i love them...i just made some cards from scraps of a project and it was so much fun...thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made several cards this weeke to hand out for Christmas and most of the cards are made from scraps and thread.

    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these collages, Crystal and the way you've composed them as a meditation of sorts.

    xoxo Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMEN sister! these are exceptional
    in content, color & creativity!! as i was looking them over, an unction of kinship spoke and it's wonderful to see your willingness to share your beliefs AND not quench them to be "politically correct" ... thank you much!!!!!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful collages!! With inspiring writings too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful words
    beautiful collages
    beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work.... I do so enjoy working with bits of pieces and putting it together into something that I often didn't expect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YIKES - i call dibs on all but the last one - yeah, they're mine if you want to give them, okay, just one, to me.
    you've got my address and i KNOW you're just itchin' to wrap one up and put on a "to: Jan" tag.

    oh, goody, goody, goody.
    LOL
    Honestly, Crystal, your work is so me without the wax.
    once you come down here and teach me the wax then we'll be twins:)

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Inspirational! That's what!

    thanks for sharing...I am now following!

    and i do believe there is a coffee waiting for you! lol

    ciao bella

    creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete