Thursday, August 06, 2009

Abstract Small Works - A Heavenly Language

In the works of many Abstract Expressionists I see not only abstract paintings, but a yearning and groping for the heavenly language.~ Makoto Fujimura
It's true - I've yearned and groped for a way to express this thing inside of me. I have no words, only impressions, powerful, that pull and stir at my soul. A knowledge buried within, written on the very core of my heart, that there is something more. Something else I was created for.

Something more then this, something more then this. Something more. I long to connect my spirit to His.


It is pure, it is Truth, it is light, it is Love. Love so pure and full of truth, light so radiant I cannot bare to look at it long. I cannot speak. Nothing comes from my lips.

but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. ~ Romans 8:26

Abstract small works continues my exploration of an unlikely marriage between wax and wire. Look for them at OPF Studio today.

And speaking of abstract works ~ one of my favorite abstract artists, Mary Beth Shaw, was showing at Galena, IL a few weeks back and I was lucky enough to meet up with her. I have vowed to own one of her large paintings, see behind us, ~ someday ~ sigh. But until then I'm hoping to catch her class at Valley Ridge next month and maybe some of her extraordinary talent will rub off on me!

6 comments:

  1. Wow God light is so bright and he is shining through you.
    Katelen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Katelen should come to Valley Ridge so we can all p-l-a-y!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and.....I love all these things you are posting on etsy...yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your creations are so lovely, pure expressions of that burning spirit that propels you to create as you do. All artists are driven by a similar force I suppose. If art materials are our means to express that most wonderful spirit bestowed upon us, we are the living materials the Creator uses as His medium to express His divinity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aren't the two of you cute standing there in the booth together?

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete