Monday, January 01, 2007

Ringing in the New Year Playing With Art



This is a pretty bad picture of a really cute necklace that I FINALLY made from the 25 charms I received in the "Just Simply Charming" charm swap.

Its hard to tell but the charms are all attached to a pouch I made from the end of a wire mesh lint sock. The chain is a vintage watch fob. It clasps in front.

I wore it all afternoon and it creates the most awesome jangle when I move. Little pieces of art all swinging around my neck together. Music to my ears!

It makes me think of the scripture "Where your treasure is there your heart will be also." Luke 12:34

These little charms truly are a treasure to me. Art is my passion and I have such limited time to spend on it, but today I have had the opportunity to spend many hours playing in my studio. A great way to start the New Year!

It is January 1, 2007. I'm so excited to see where the Lord leads this year. I hope you had a Christ filled Christmas and your New Year is filled with His blessing of peace!

5 comments:

  1. It is beautiful, Crystal. I can imagine the sound! I have enjoyed reading the Just Simply Charming blog and I've been inspired also by the book "Beautiful Button Jewelry" by Susan Davis that I bought with Christmas gift money. I have made some pendants with my art and soldered glass and am planning to make some more! I love the exchange of art but am always afraid to commit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!
    The creativity hit you hard!
    This is great! I will put this on our charm blog right way!!!
    (BIG SMILE ON MY FACE RIGHT NOW!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal,
    I have just recently discovered your blog and love your artwork.
    The necklace is quite whimsical and inspiring!
    I hope your New Year is a splendid one and that you have many hours to spend on your art passion.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Crystal, and I love the scripture too. So true.

    WIshing you all the best for a blessed new year too.

    Hugs,
    Kari x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal... Happy New Year, all year through! I also am excited to see where the Lord leads this year!!!

    I finally got some pics posted on my blog of my assemblage, if you want to stop in to see :0)
    Love the charms...so artful!!!
    Blessings,
    Amber H.

    ReplyDelete