Sunday, June 11, 2006

Celebrating 5 Years of Marriage!


It's hard to believe that next weekend my husband and I will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary. That's us on the shores of the Big Thompson River at Romantic Riversong in Estes Park, Colorado. Really, where did the time go? I can honestly say each year has been better then the last.
Since the big day will fall on Fathers day this year, we decided to celebrate early. Saturday morning we set off to Racine, Wisconsin on the shores of Lake Michigan to explore the Racine Art Museum. RAM "houses one of the most significant collections of contemporary craft in North America". We were sidetracked as we drove into town by an estate sale and then an art festival right on the waterfront at Festival Park. The weather was perfect, a little crisp but sunny and just the perfect breeze coming off the lake. We strolled through the art festival, then over a few blocks in and out of art galleries, and finally the museum! I can't imagine a more inspiring way to celebrate and I count my blessings that my husband loves to do these things with me!
We hit the early service at church this morning and then off to the Second Sunday Antique Flea Market at the Lake County Fairgrounds, where I hit the jackpot! I picked up some vintage varsity letters, vintage metal clock faces, a great variety of tintype photos, brass letter stencils, old pen nibs, and a WHOLE BASKET of antique and vintage camera lenses! I am going to have fun with these! Be sure to keep an eye on my ebay store, I'm sure I'll be offering some of these treasures for you to create with.

And speaking of my ebay store - I've just packed all new collage kits for and they are da bomb! I seriously nearly changed my mind about selling many of them. They are jam packed full of great treasures. I'm starting to run low on my supplies after filling these kits so if you've been considering buying one this would be the time. When they're gone I don't know how long it will be until I can make more!



6 comments:

  1. OOOOHHHHH I want one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum...these finds are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Crystal...you once again hit the jackpot..I can't believe all those lenses. You have that magic "find", for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am off to check out your goodies on ebay!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried twice to leave a comment just after you posted this message, but it never would go through! Anyway, CONGRATS on your 5 years of marriage! How wonderful you enjoy similar interests. I pray you have many more years together.
    Marty and I celebrate 10 years of marriage tomorrow! Gasp! Has time really gone that quickly?
    Anyway, I'll be looking to see if you put any of those lenses up for sale - I'd sure love to work with one or two!
    I can't wait to see what you create with your new treasures!
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh... I love these lenses... Please let me know if you want to swap anything from the store. I would love a couople to play with.

    Tia

    ReplyDelete