Thursday, June 15, 2006

Wearable Alphabet Series

Introducing the wearable alphabet series! This weeks listing: A is for Artist. Created with a 2 1/2" brass letter stencil, tintype photo, and antique pen nib, all treasures found while celebrating my 5 year anniversary with my hubby last weekend (see post below). I've added hand riveted details to the stencil with brass wire and inset mica over the word "Artist". The word "gifts" which you see peeking in the lower left corner of the letter A is from an 1825 bible. I truly believe creating with our hands is a gift that God blesses us with and we glorify Him when we use the gifts he has given us.
I loved working on this piece. The idea came to me before I had even left the flea market with all my goodies, but getting that hole drilled in the pen nib was nearly the downfall of the piece! I was so satisfied with the finished project that I had to make another one for me, just a different photo in mine. Did I mention the tiny collage on the back? A special finishing touch for the buyer to enjoy.
If "A is for Artist" doesn't describe you, keep checking my auction listings, I plan to do a wearable piece from each letter in the alphabet.

4 comments:

  1. This is so kool!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every piece of art you create is inspiring to me, Crystal! I can't wait to see the rest of the series. Are there going to be more dolls as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Izabella and Cara! That means alot to me coming from two very talented artists!
    Dolls...I have 2 on the work table that keep getting bumped in favor of other projects. One is a spool doll and is my mom's Mother's Day present (sorry its not there yet mom!). The other is something I've been thinking about for some time and finally started piecing together. Not a spool doll, but just as big. Thats all I can say about that. ;)
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to tell you that I love your art...just beautiful. This wearable alphabet series is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete