Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Standard Blank Book

 A Standard Blank Book        by Crystal Neubauer
4" x 4" collage matted and mounted in 11" x 14" frame

In letting go of the traditional career path and embracing the passionate pursuit of an artists life I am facing each day without a script. The old life felt as if I were a poorly cast understudy suddenly thrust on stage and unable to remember my lines. Now I write my own story, each day is a new page in a standard blank book waiting for me to make my mark.

6 comments:

  1. beautifully direct AND influential! thank you much for continuing to share ... blest be

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fitting analogy for your anthology...Oh gee!

    xoxo Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is lovely and meaningful - thank you for so eloquently stating what it feels like when you are not doing the heart's work...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Embrace the moment and make your sacred marks!!! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the share! I have just quit my day job to follow this non-traditional path myself. It is a bit of a transition.

    ReplyDelete