Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Making Peace with My Inner Child


So this is kind of a hokey picture, part of a self portrait assignment for my Digital Photography class where I had to place myself with a group of ten other people using my new found Photoshop skills. No rules about who those ten other people were and whether they were actually shot at the same time, so I decided to have a little fun with it. I don't know which part amuses me more, the one where I am holding my own hand? The one where I am hugging myself in my Raggedy Andy Halloween costume? My husband thought the big me peeking out from behind all the little me's was funny. So I need to work on scale a little bit, but whose noticing?
Sorting through all of my old photos to do this project brought back a lot of childhood memories. Some of them were fun, some warm and sweet, some painful. I've been learning about my "inner child", or broken and hurt places from the past, and how they will affect the choices I make in my present circumstances until I address them and heal, so this was kind of a therapeutic project. I decided to call it "Making Peace With My Inner Child".
Okay - no cracks about my Carol Brady hairdo!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed with this project! I can't imagine how you did this. It's fun to see the "yous" all together....the years and the changes are life-affirming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very cool. I would love to attend a Photoshop class, as I know it would help me use the program more than I have in (the last year).....
    Happy Thanksgiving, and please come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Crystal,

    How are you? Long time no talk. Are you going to collage full time? Would love to chat sometime. Will miss you in our swap group this year but cherish all the things I have from you.

    love,
    joanna

    ReplyDelete