Wednesday, February 13, 2008

To A Wild Woman of Strength - Happy Valentine's Day

A Wild Woman of Strength, not much to make one think of Valentine's Day at first glance, but under the surface her story comes straight from the heart.

Born from the words of a fellow artist that were rolling around my head as I worked and prayed:

You gotta Believe-
Trust-
And Stand Strong.

I thought of this artist's story, her pain as well as her love for others and I kept thinking of these words she posted that gave strength and encouragement. And as I prayed for inspiration I began to think of the number of times God encourages in the bible with the words:

"Do not be discouraged, Do not be afraid, for the Lord your God is with you."

I thought of the number of other artists & women friends I knew who had suffered much pain over the past year and still stood strong, still managed to encourage others with their own messages of hope.
Women who were suffering financial loss, death of loved ones, depression, personal illnesses and cancers. Women who were going through divorce, or seperations from men they thought they would spend the rest of their lives with, who were finding life was not at all what they had believed it would be.
I thought of my own journey and my own trials, especially over the past year. I have endured so many of these trials all at once. I thought of how God had pulled me through in a way I never thought possible. Sometimes seeming that He was the only reason I could stand. The only reason I had any strength or desire to go on at all.


And then I knew where this Wild Strength came from. This ability to believe, to trust, and to stand strong.
It came from experiencing the greatest love one could ever know. One that went deeper then any human love ever could.
"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

A Wild Woman of Strength can lift her head and stand in the face of trials because she is rooted and grounded in His love. She doesn't rely on her own strength to endure, she knows where her strength comes from. She reaches deep within her heart and holds on to the one who gave up all so that she could live.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16


This Wild Woman of Strength was created for my Valentine Swap gift for these talented artists:JoAnna Pierotti, Lou McCulloch, Jackie Allison, Jennifer Rowland, and Melissa David.
Update: my post previously included an offer to win one of the "Wild Women" by visiting my Art Pub Blog, but the group is going through an unexpected transition so please stay tuned...

7 comments:

  1. AMEN!!! What a powerful post! I can feel the power and love from God pouring through your words. This year was the year of the surgeries for my sweet husband. Kidney removel Sept. 2007 and prostate removal Jan. 2008. God has been faithful. God has surrounded us with his love. Even when we despaired. Even when we weathered my DH's panic attacks and ER visits. God was with us. Our friends and family were praying for us.
    Amen my friend. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:25 PM

    Crystal,


    Through your artful creations and spiritual messages, you are a wonderous healing vessel of God.

    I believe you have not only brought peace to many (especially one Cwazy Woman) this Valentine's Day but a new day of hope.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:29 PM

    Crystal, These are so cool! Stand strong...
    Deryn
    http://somethingsublime.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal,

    What wonderful creations, and bravo on the message!

    I also wanted to let you know that your blog was featured on ZNE Blogz today!

    www.ZNEblogz.com

    xoxo - Chel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - i certainly felt the powere behind the post and the pieces which are absolutely sensational!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, inspirational words and art! I came here by way of ZNEblogz. Great website, I'm going to look around some more...
    Pam Carriker

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspirational words and art! Very powerful!! I am here visiting you through zne, your blog is wonderful!
    Pam Carriker

    ReplyDelete