Sunday, November 19, 2006

On the First Day of Christmas My True Love Sent to Me....


The presents have been rolling in from my Twelve Days of Christmas Swap. Just look at this tantalizing basket of goodies! I think I've received all but 1 and there are still 3 weeks to go before I begin opening them.

I yearn to see what is in them, but at the same time I am delighting in the anticipation. I want to drag it out just a little bit longer. I want to look at this little basket filled with beautifully wrapped packages knowing that each one contains a handcrafted gift from a talented artist, and just savor the anticipation.

I know when the 13th of December comes and I'm allowed to open the first one, I will come eagerly into my studio with my morning cup of coffee and just walk around for a while looking at them all together one last time. I will want to open it, but I will want to prolong the delight for as long as possible. Like taking a bite of chocolate pudding and not wanting to swallow for just a minute. Just enjoying.

Of course I won't be able to resist forever and then I will have 12 tiny treasures to delight in and to keep around me as permanent inspiration! I don't remember when I ever had 12 gifts waiting just for me, let alone by my own little tree!



Here are my presents all wrapped up and ready to ship. Mine will be opened on day 9. Shamefully I think I am the last in my group to send my packages out.



Here they are all laid out on my work table. I can't show you what is inside until after the group opens them, but there may be a little clue somewhere on that messy table. I'll never tell!

Check out the Twelve Days of Christmas Blog to see each artists pressies all wrapped up, and starting December 13th each present will be unveiled on the blog. There are 2 groups so you will get to enjoy seeing 2 new pieces of art each day!

I want to thank each and every one of you for your thoughts and prayers toward my health. I can't even begin to tell you how touched I am to have received so much support and encouragement, both here and in private e-mails. I still don't have an answer, tests will come in a few weeks. Meanwhile, God is in control and I am at peace in His hands.

Have a very blessed Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

  1. I jus checked out the Twelve Days of Christmas Blog...thats a gr8 idea...and all the gifts packed and ready to be opened gives a different feeling all together...that was lovely!! If you are looking out for some more innovative stuff...you can jus peep into my Holiday Blog ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea Crystal! Pics are great...I can't wait for you to tell all of us what was in them.

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun! wish i had been in this swap! can't wait to see your treasures...happy and blessed Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Crystal,
    Your post so encourages my heart, yet I just feel so sad that you have to suffer any pain, for you have had your share. I remember awhile back, befriending you, Judy, Vivi, and some others, knowing you are all sick, asking God why he has brought so many in my life who are ill. I asked him if it was because I was going to be sick?

    I have my answer now and I'm telling you, it does make me think of you and the others more, pondering all you have endured. My prayers have more feeling attached to them now. Battling together, knowing we are not alone can give so much strength. Sharing Jesus is the greatest bond.

    As we wait for our results, lets keep encouraging one another, praying and hoping.

    Love you Crystal and I thank you so much for being here for me and please know, I am here for you.

    joanna

    ReplyDelete