Patreons and Peers Online Group Ready to Launch!
I popped over here to the blog today to share some news and was surprised to see it has been a year since my last post. Surprised, but not really surprising, considering I intentionally took the year off from traveling to teach so that I could focus on recovering my health after spiraling last year and subsequently being diagnosed with Chronic Lyme disease.
It has been quite a year, and if you have follow me on Facebook, you know the gist of it all. I could recap, but today I want to share about a new subscription based online group I am launching on October 1st.
I spent a week this past January with a group of other instructor artists focusing on renewing artistic inspiration and setting personal goals. One of my goals was to start creating online e-course workshop offerings so that I could continue to teach without wearing my physical self down with continuous travel. I did create several videos and short art tutorials with the publisher of my book and have been thrilled with the response I receive, but I missed the personal interaction of being live in the studio classroom. This interaction tends to surpass simple art technique and delves further into the reason we create the things we do. It is a special connection when someone else gets it.
Suddenly I had that aha moment -create a subscription based, interactive, online group that is more than just teaching a project or technique.
I'm excited to announce that I am ready to launch - "Patreons and Peers"!
I've decided to utilize the platform for artists, Patreon, to manage the subscription tiers and payments. You must register by September 30th, 2017 in order to access the group for the inaugural launch on October 1st. The group will be an ongoing monthly group that you can partake of for as long as you want. Each month will be different.
Interested? Want to know more? I created this group...
- For the lover of the arts, and my fellow artists
- For those who have ever wanted to come and take one of my workshops, but aren't able to travel for any reason- location, time, money, live overseas, or across country.
- For those who have ever taken one of my workshops and wish to continue experiencing that deeper level behind the art making, along with the techniques and skills they want to develop.
- For those who understand that the arts benefit all of society and provide a backdrop by which we are able to form our own thoughts and ideas.
- For those who wish to support the arts and have connected to my work or words online or in print, allowing me to continue to share and inspire others.
- For those who have ever written with questions on technique after reading or viewing one of my tutorials, who wish they could follow up with even more.
- For those who want to learn technique, consider themselves lifelong learners, who love to take workshops online, but want the interaction and sense of community in a group setting.
- For those who have read my blog and my book and seek to develop their own authentic or intuitive voice.
- For anyone who has watched my journey as an artist, and been filled with the desire to find your own creative path, set your own goals, and find accountability and support while doing so.
- For those who long to work in a space where you can walk out the virtual door and connect with other artists, gleaning inspiration from just hanging out and chatting with each other.
The group is designed to support and encourage you. I'll be there, but you'll also have each other. There will be group discussions, goal setting, guest interviews and more, here's an overview of the four monthly live casts included in the group each month (which will be archived as videos for members to view over and over):
- One livecast/video per month will feature technique or process. I'll cast from my own studio while working on my own art. Very similar to taking an online workshop, but as a member, you'll have the opportunity to ask me questions and review the video over and over again.
- One livecast/video per month will feature a Q&A session. I'll announce the time and focus of the session in advance so you'll have a chance to post your questions even if you aren't able to catch the session live.
- The other two livecast/videos will be done spontaneously each month to share something I find inspiring, an artists date of sorts. I might share an art opening, a trip to a flea market, cast from a workshop setting while I'm teaching on the road, from my studio as I rummage for just the right piece of ephemera to complete a collage, or from my home during one of my head in the clouds moments.
Here are the four easy steps to join in the fun:
Four Easy Steps and Your In!
- . This step only requires your email address until you are ready to commit to a tier level of sponsorship.
- Find and follow me. (click on the "+Follow" button under my profile picture at the top left side). You can follow me for free whether you choose to commit to sponsoring me or not. Seriously, I would love it if you do! When you follow me on Patreon, you'll get my public blog posts emailed to you every time I write a new one there.
- When you are ready, hit the big red "Become a Patreon" button at the top right hand side of my Patreon page,
- Once you've committed to sponsorship at a tier that includes the private online group, so I can add you to the private group. Remember, you must register by September 30th, 2017 to have access to the group in October.
That's it! I am tip-toe dancing, butterflies in my stomach excited to see you there!