Thursday, May 30, 2013

With The Summer

"With the Summer"  Mixed Media Collage by Crystal Neubauer


"And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.”
~F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

And so it is with the Summer, a season of beginning over again. I have a sense of new beginnings. Fresh breezes coming in the windows prompt me to throw the curtains in the wash and soak in the sun for the day. My thoughts stir with the excitement that the summer season promises to bring.

I feel a long post stirring inside. Snippets of words and thoughts float to the surface of my mind. but not today. It is still as a dream upon wakening; just beyond my conscious and still too abstract to touch. 

Today I simply want to celebrate the season. A lawn mower hums, the birds can be heard in the branches of the trees and the water laps at the edge of the lake just beyond the neighbors back yard. I am mellow and filled with joy. It is my youngest daughters 24th birthday. New things are certainly in the air and it is tempting to worry over them. but not today.

Today I bring to you an offering of new small works on my website and my series of 10x10 collages, sans frames. My own little Summer Art Festival, virtual booth, if you will. Check them out here and here 

5 comments:

  1. Crystal, your work is so spot on and I would never get tired of looking at it! wonderful :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pieces~~Happy that you are enjoying the journey to summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you do is marvellous! Tomorrow, I'll come back to visit again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal,
    It's nice to be able to read a few of your posts at a time. This one shows a reference to something coming up, ahead, and the confident woman that has her own gallery available at all times, for us to go to. Then your next one, shows seemingly the whole thing unravels as you await the news from the galleries acceptance elf your work. It's fun to see how quickly things in our lives can change,might!
    Yes, you were crazy right to be excited...you'd be a robot to not...but I much more enjoyed the girl that said...nope...not now...I'm goingnto HOLD onto this perfect spring moment called now! Hard to do...for sure....
    You're awesome..love your bold testimony...you build...Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal, what beautiful words and thoughts during a summer of celebration for you. I feel this way too!
    roxanne

    ReplyDelete