Friday, March 02, 2012

Let There Be Light on Opening Night

 "Let There Be Light"  30" x 12" collage, acrylic, graphite, ink and chalk on canvas  by Crystal Neubauer

I spent yesterday at Perfical Sense Studio hanging my work for the two woman show with fellow artist Bridgette Guerzon Mills and everything looks great.

I am more excited then ever after seeing my work hanging next to Bridgette's. I've been a fan of her work for years and always appreciated the serenity of it, noting the similar aesthetics that we each seem to be drawn to in our own style, but after seeing it all hung together yesterday we were each struck even more with the similarities. With Bridgette working strictly in Encaustic Wax and me solely with collage and acrylic, we managed to create two individual body's of work for this show that looked as if we had collaborated and planned side by side.



If you are in the Chicagoland area (Evanston to be exact) I hope you will stop by the opening of "Meditations: Looking In, Reflecting Out" tomorrow night - Saturday March 3, 2012 from 4pm - 7 the atmosphere will be eclectic fun and casual. Have a glass of wine, meet the artists, view the art. A good time will be had by all!

5 comments:

  1. Two of my favorite artists, side by side! Love that. Wish I lived closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and good luck to you both. I admire both of your works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do wish I lived closer also. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wish i could see this exhibition. The new pieces on your website have me drooling. All the best for the show Crystal!

    ReplyDelete