Thursday, September 09, 2010

Back In The Saddle Again

A friend of mine noticed OPF Studio was up and running again this morning and wrote that she was glad I was back in the saddle again. Now that song is stuck in my head ~ thanks Jan!

Life Lessons               by Crystal Neubauer

Among the collage works I've just listed is "Life Lessons". I have been in the process of learning so many lessons of late. Good lessons. Hard lessons. Life changing and building lessons.  - If only life came with an instruction book. I could have read it a long time ago, kept it around for those times that questions have come up about the "rules" - and by questions, yes I mean those knock-down-drag-out-power-struggle-me-first kind of questions! A good rule book now and then might come in handy. Well, okay, I do have one sitting next to my bed and it helps when I open it and give it a good read every morning.

Winter Bird       by Crystal Neubauer

Winter Bird is one of a new series of works I've created combining collage, encaustics, and image transfers I created from my monoprint birds. 

 Friends and Honesty            by Crystal Neubauer

Friends and Honesty is one of a series titled "For The Birds" within the series of monoprint bird collages - 9 works done on 4" x 4" cradled canvas - appealing on their own or grouped in vignettes of two or more.

For The Birds Series        by Crystal Neubauer

The series is modestly priced allowing a snippet of art for any budget and making a collection possible.

Coffee Break               by Crystal Neubauer

Coffee Break, aptly named for the calming tones and foundation that began on a used coffee filter, is one of the few collage works that is not completely done in encaustics. Sometimes the textures and tones of the work beg not to be covered.

Along with reopening the Studio at Etsy, I have been busy this month getting settled in to a new studio space and home. Thought I'd share a panoramic view of the space as I get settled in. What will be, I'm sure, a rare view of a tidy space. I've just about got it all sorted and put away, with the exception of the goodies I plan to take to Portland for Vendor Night.

Be sure to take a look at my Etsy Studio frequently, I'll be adding new works all month and if you haven't signed up for my newsletter be sure to do so and I will send you the latest copy with an exclusive offer for newsletter readers good for the entire month of September~ And now I'm Back in the saddle again - Whoopi-ty-aye-yay!

12 comments:

  1. I'd say you're not only back--you're large and in charge! Really loving these pieces. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exquisite pieces, and I love this new direction! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, look at you - all organized and pretty.
    i hate you.

    oh, hush, i'm just kidding and you know why i said it:)

    your studio looks amazing, dear one. and one day before i die, mine's going to look just as good.
    well, sorta.

    i love you and your new space and your etsy art.

    jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are spectacular! I really like the way the "T" perches like a hammer in the rules piece.
    The small series of the birds is so sweet and inspiring. In fact I find all of this work supremely inspiring. I have no trouble finding collage element but tying them all together as you do is a skill you have.
    xoxo Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank-you all so much for stopping by and leaving your kind words! I'm thoroughly enjoying the new studio space and adventures!
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE coffee break! I hope I never find your studio this clean again ... what fun would that be?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful studio space! I'm enjoying seeing your new work and love Coffee Break.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are delicious!

    (I just ran across those creepy dental things I bought from you at the CREATE Artists' Faire...I think they have to go to Junk Bonanza with me because they are giving me the willies!)

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back. I love your new art. You seem very busy. And I love your new studio space. I'm in the middle of a home addition and will soon have my own art space. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yum! ha! love that explanation for 'life lessons'! and wouldn't 'cha know it?! the instructions are in another language, muuhahahaha! ;)love your new work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crystal...these are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting work! You are a true artist! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete