Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Get Your Hopes Up


I heard a girl on one of those reality contest shows on TV saying to the judges that she had worked really hard but she didn't want to get her hopes up.

And it struck me as kind of sad.



I mean, whatever you do in life shouldn't you be allowed to at least get your hopes up? Especially when it is something you have worked really hard for.

I am a dreamer. 

Over the past year I have worked really hard at making some changes. Some big changes. Things are getting to that point, you know, the point where you see if the hard work will pay off.             Or not.

And I have my hopes up. At the end of it all I want to say I lived my life with my hopes up. Longingly. Expectantly. To the fullest.

I want to dream big dreams and work really hard to follow them and I want to hope that my hard work pays off. And if it doesn't I want to dream again. and again. and again.

Can I really call it life without dreams? Without hope?



"but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

13 comments:

  1. Dreams and hopes nothing wrong at all. :)
    ~v~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Crystal! Love the artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. High-fiving you in cyberspace! Right on!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely, Crystal - great post (I just love the daisy)!

    :-) Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:09 PM

    Love that encouraging word! -Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very true...No hopes is very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I needed to hear this today. Thanks, Crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well said, Crystal! Whats the point if we don't get our hopes up? I've been studying your intriguing pieces ..... seeds of hope?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't agree more! Let's keep our hopes up. Hugs, Riki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing wrong with hope. Especially when the intention behind it is backed with unconditional love and the acceptance of change. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hope??
    hope is of God.
    just like you are.

    you're such a special friend - move to Texas and live with us at the ranch.
    God would want you to,
    J.T.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hushingly beautiful. oxoo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just found your blog and got SO excited to see you using the same wire as I do in your work. Then I saw that you were a Christian artist as well and that sealed it. I am now a forever loyal follower. :) Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete