Friday, December 05, 2008

Feeling Blessed

Today I am feeling very blessed. My application to teach a workshop at Art & Soul - Portland, 2009 was accepted.

My class is called "Collage with a Focus: Let Your Art Tell Your Story" featuring techniques in collage, working with acrylic/plexi-glass, and making tube rivets to create a collage with a focal point.

Along the way we will talk about how to allow the stories we all carry inside speak through our art and we'll talk about alternative ways to use the materials and techniques from the class to continue illustrating these stories outside of the class.

The example here and the one of the bird in the post below are my class samples to give an idea of what this looks like put together, but I am guessing with so many stories to be told there will be an awesome variety of finished projects!

Be sure to mark your Calendar for Art & Soul, Portland. My class will be on Sunday, October 4 2009.

"I Pledge Allegiance To My Denial"

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Crystal! I'll see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for Crystal!!! YAY for God!! I'm happy for you, gal. This workshop will rock and open doors for you~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Crystal! I'm sure your class will be so much fun and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats that is wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic news!! I am so excited for you!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Crystal, I will finally get to meet you. I have been accepted to teach at Art & Soul Portland too!!!! I can't wait to meet you!!

    xoxox Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just checking in to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome piece "I pledge allegiance to my Denial!"

    Love it

    ReplyDelete