Thursday, October 25, 2007

What's The Big Deal About Prayer Anyway?

After my last post I felt convicted that I needed to clarify my thoughts on prayer. I didn't want to leave the impression that I didn't believe in prayer, because nothing could be further from the truth, but what is the big deal about prayer anyway?
I know from the Bible that God does respond as a result of prayer. Many many times I've seen Him responding directly to prayer in my own life and the lives of others, so how could I say there is no power in it?
Because I am just a weak vessel and the power is His. When I pray it is His power that works through me, not because of anything I can do, but because of what he can do.
Its not about a mumbo jumbo magic formula or perfect combination of words to convince God to give me all that I want or need.
Its about the relationship that is built with Him when I pray. About knowing who He is and who He wants me to be. Its about letting Him open my eyes to see the world with the Hope that He gives me. Its about staying connected the way you would want to stay connected to your husband or your best friend.
"Pray without ceasing" 1 Thessalonians 5:17
The big deal about prayer is simply being with Him.

1 comment:

  1. kelly snelling9:29 PM

    oh yes! i got that. it was very moving. and it was a blessing to me, too.

    ReplyDelete