Saturday, September 08, 2007

But The Fruit of The Spirit is Love....


"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22


After a couple of months of "fruitless" efforts in creating I finally feel like I've begun to be inspired again. After a particularly difficult week at work, I was feeling much regret over my response to a particularly challenging individual and the offensive nature in which she had presented an issue to me.

I responded to the situation in kind, an eye for an eye. I defended myself and left with a self-righteous indignation that left a very bad taste in my own mouth.



The next morning in my quiet time I was once again on the carpet laying low and feeling defeated. I was never going to get this right! Never going to behave good enough to please my savior!


But He, as a gentle and loving Father, lifted me in His sweet arms and carried me to this passage in Galatians 5:1 "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."
Yes, I had failed to respond the way I should have, but my failure has not condemned me. Christ has set me free through His redeeming sacrifice on the cross! I do not have to work to earn my way to Him in heaven. He has already done the work for me. All I am to do is to rest in Him and trust that I am forgiven.


"You, my brothers, were called to be free."


"But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself." If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other."

"So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law."

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. "

Thank-you Lord, for filling me with your Spirit and reminding me that I am to love, not a love born out of my own efforts, but a love that comes from the fruit of your very own Spirit, which you have deposited in me until the day that you return.

Thank-you for continuously bringing me to my knees before you so that I might fill up on this love and bring it with me each day as I face the work you have given me to do.



The necklace above was inspired by the Holy Spirit and is titled "But The Fruit of the Spirit is Love...". It has been hand crafted from antique salvaged treasures including a beautiful antique rosary with blood red cut glass beads and a rare brass and faux pearl grape cluster. If you would like to see more of The Fruit of the Spirit necklace, or are interested in purchasing it, check it out here on Etsy.


"to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."

I featured this necklace last time I posted, but I am not one to leave well enough alone.


I loved the art nouveau era brass lamp medallion and the way it played with the aged patina of the brass cuckoo clock chain and that of the antique faux pearl tear necklace drop, but I was not completely satisfied with the overall effect.



I was treating myself to a lazy night of watching "Vanity Fair" and soaking in the sumptuos costumes and jewelry when inspiration hit! Did I see the end of the movie? I don't remember.

Two gorgeous fat round antique rhinestone studded beads and two oval cut glass crystal beads intersect with the rosary bead and brass chains to complete the choker style necklace with panache!


When I look at this necklace I get a sense of a beautiful strength that comes from a life that has been restored. Something broken is now beautiful, beauty from the ashes.


He is the key.


Check it out on Etsy if you are interested in purchasing.

8 comments:

  1. kelly snelling9:37 PM

    your new jewelry is really special, crystal. you've created some beauties. and remember, it's not perfection but direction. you are walking in the Light. do not beat yourself up when you are merely human. i have to remind myself quite frequently in moments like the one you had that if it weren't for Christ i can't imagine what i really might let fly. just keep walking, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pieces Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely superb pieces - love your inspiration too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I love how you can be so transparent and talk about your 'fallings', and inspirations. beautiful work, as usual. Aren't those moments of inspiration just priceless? such a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Crystal, I am so moved by your post and beautiful jewelery. Just try and remember that we are just people, and people aren;t perfect so don't be so hard on yourself!
    You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sallyt4:43 PM

    Beautiful necklaces, Crystal. Wonderful inspiration. Love the name of the fruit of the spirit one... one of my favorite verses. Your jewelry is awesome.
    Sallyt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:38 AM

    Thank you Chrystal, (YOU) are an inspiration. I am Thankful that I found your site this morning. I needed to be reminded, that we never walk alone. Your work is lovely to the eyes and to the soul. All the best to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crystal - your transparency about your failings & humanity are gold being purified. I am blessed to read your post, thank you for your honesty. hugs x Keron

    ReplyDelete